Note to self:
When importing the list template from a manifest.xml inside a .stp file generated by SharePoint Designer into a schema.xml, remember to do these steps:
After copying the List element from the manifest to the schema,
- For each View element inside schema.xml:
- Create BaseViewID elements, if these don't exist. Sort the View[BaseViewID] elements and attributes ascending.
- Remove the folder content type.
- Add a SetupPath attribute to each View (SetupPath="pages\viewpage.aspx" worked)
- Add a ContentTypeID attribute. Just the prefix ('parent' of the content type declared in schema.xml) of the hex ID seems to work.
If I don't follow these steps, I get weird errors, such as "File Not Found" or those HREF COM errors. Even though the list does get instantiated.