FB_init

Friday, May 16, 2014

Peoples' Social Forum 2014 in Ottawa - invitations to-date III

 
   The Canadian Friends Service Committee (Quakers) told me that they won't participate, as their annual sessions are in August. But they will advertise the Forum in their social media and electronic newsletter.
   Citizens For Public Justice (CPJ) replied with interest in participating and asked for more information. 
  I contacted the Ottawa office of the Mennonite Central Committee (I'm a Mennonite) and proposed to meet them in June to talk about the Forum.
  I'm very happy with the Christian Peacemaker Teams (CPT) Canada's involvement with the Forum. They met with organizers. There were very good things discussed in the meeting!
  I contacted the Canadian Unitarians for Social Justice (CUSJ). As I posted before, I received no reply to my emails to the First Unitarian Congregation of Ottawa. However, CUSJ is interested in participating at the Forum and is checking if I can go there to talk more about it.
  At the "Nonviolence: A Weapon of the Strong" Conference last week at Saint-Paul University (see here), I made a quick question after Mr. Rajagopal's keynote presentation mentioning the Forum to all.
  I emailed Ecclesiax in the beginning of April, but I haven't heard back.

No comments: