FB_init

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Peoples' Social Forum 2014 in Ottawa - invitations to-date


I met with Reverend Brian Cornelius of the First United Church in Ottawa on the 16th of April. It was a nice meeting. He asked about the current endorsers. Other parishioners related to unions had already mentioned the Peoples' Social Forum to him. He will ask the church council on the 29th if they will formally endorse the forum.
I emailed folks from the First Unitarian Congregation of Ottawa twice, with different emails, asking to meet them. That was about one month ago. I got no response.
I emailed today the Canadian Friends Service Committee, inviting them to come to the forum and endorse it.
I put a post on the Canadian Centre for Progressive Christianity Facebook group inviting all to participate, but I didn't see any reply.
I emailed Reverend Joel Crouse at the St John Lutheran Church weeks ago. I emailed the church because they are listed as members of The Open Table. The council of the church met and he sent me this reply:

"Hello Gustavo,
Sorry for the late reply.  I took your proposal to our church council meeting and, while we applaud this initiative, we regret to inform you that we are not interested at this time.  We will, however, advertise the upcoming  forum within our publications for individual interest.
God bless you in your ministry.










Be well and serve,

Rev Joel Crouse
St John Lutheran Church, Pastor "


No comments: