FB_init

Monday, November 14, 2011

My daily SharePoint frustration - XX

(With SharePoint 2010)

The actions:
 - I edited a page to add a document library to it. When I tried to click on an item's menu (the ECB), I got an error dialog  saying "This item is no longer available. It may have been deleted by another user. Click 'OK' to refresh the page. "

I tried different things:

  - I couldn't use SharePoint Designer. It failed to edit any page in my case. So I couldn't follow these instructions to substitute ListViewWebPart  with XSLTListViewWebPart.

- I changed the code and assigned the website's ID to ListViewWebPart.WebID. That made no difference for me. (It worked for some other people. Probably because the underlying problem is different).

- I installed this hotfix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2405789 . It didn't work.

What worked for me was to edit the web part and uncheck some options (not sure exactly which one):

- Toolbar type: None (this alone may do the trick)
- Checked Enable Asynchronous Load, Enable Asynchronous Update, Show Manual Refresh Button and Enable Asynchronous Automatic Refresh.
- I unchecked Enable Data View Caching.

2 comments:

Flay said...

I've found that the only thing that *has* to be ticked in Ajax Options is Enable Asychronous Update. This causes the ECB menu to be loaded in a different way which works.

Unknown said...

Thank you very much! This solved my problem ^___^