FB_init

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Knowledge Representation: Logical, Philosophical, and Computational Foundations

Ok, now it's the second time I write this stuff. It's about this book:

Knowledge Representation: Logical, Philosophical, and Computational Foundations
ISBN: 0534949657
by John F. Sowa

This is one of my favorites. It's a very good book. Particularly, I like the part on logics, and their representation. It reminded me a lot of the classes I had in Computer Science avec professor Vanderley at UFRGS. One of the nice parts is that one where the guy rewrites geometrical axioms with circles because of (philosophical? Metaphysical?) flaws in the traditional geometrical definitions of point, line and squares. The parts on deontic logic are kool! This whole book is kool! One day when I have money I'll buy it. Thank goodness for the library!

No comments: